2018 Chosen Charity – Hertfordshire Community Foundation
Hertfordshire Community Foundation (registered charity no. 1156082) makes grants to local organisations and to families living in crisis. Through HCF’s own research, Hertfordshire Matters, HCF directs its support to organisations working to address identified need in the county and to improve the lives of Hertfordshire’s residents.
Despite many Hertfordshire residents living comfortably, pockets of deprivation exist across the whole of the county, with 10% of the county’s population living in the most deprived communities. The results that this deprivation can have on those living and working in Hertfordshire is significant.
Since 1988 HCF has provided more than £11 million in grant aid, helping over 1,000 groups and organisations across the county. The difference this funding has made to these organisations and the people they help is literally life changing for some.
Examples of HCF’s recent support includes:
- £300 – to buy an oven so that a family living in crisis can, once again, provide hot meals for their children
- £1,000 – to enable a local foodbank to provide 400 meals to families in Hertfordshire
- £4,500 – to enable a musical therapy organisation to establish a new group helping people suffering with dementia and their carers
- £5,000 – to support a project designed to help break the cycle of domestic abuse (through the Police and Crime Commissioner’s Fund)
- £ 10,000 – to help a local charity to provide safe overnight accommodation for 18-24 year olds in times of crisis, helping prevent rough sleeping
Grants are funded through the generosity of local donors who share our vision to create a better Hertfordshire for everyone.